Aero Norway is an independent engine MRO specialist located at Stavanger airport on the west coast of Norway. The modern and well-equipped 14,500 sq.m. facility has the capacity to deliver 120 engines a year with streamlined workflow processes to repair 16 engines consecutively at any one time. Production, test and storage areas cover a further 12.500 sq.m., with the headquarters and training centre adding another 2,700 sq.m. The Company employs over 95 highly trained mechanics, inspectors and engineers within the engine shop who work a continuous shift pattern to sustain optimum TATs. The Aero Norway apprentice scheme currently has eight trainee engineers, all of whom are undertaking a two year program. A further 50 personnel are responsible for the sales, customer support and administration. Around the world, Aero Norway has strategic partnerships with more than 20 key suppliers and OEMs. These relationships are rigorously reviewed to maintain quality and cost-savings which are passed on to customers.
REPAIR PROCESS ENGINEER
Aero Norway is looking for a Repair Process Engineer:
- Supports operations with new repair procedures and RAMCO plans in line with approved technical data
- Supports the inspection team to evaluate part damage to determine reparability or deviation requests, and hence coordinate repair requests and activities with internal/external parties and CFMI.
- Support the Powerplant Engineers in the decision to find a commercial viable solution for major modules repairs.
- Be subject matter expert of CFM56 -3/-5/-7 part repair and repair processes.
- Owner of the Aero Norway repair engineering processes and responsible to keep the internal repair manual up-to-date, including prices
- Evaluate repair processes to analyze and improve the overhaul of aircraft engines and help to reduce TAT.
- Develop and optimize the Aero Norway CFM56 repair business portfolio, including evaluation of new repairs in house and supporting equipment used in repairs (shot peening, welding etc)
- Ensure that RAMCO repair/NDT plans are up to date with ESM manual
- Provide engineering reports for warranty claims from suppliers
- Support Customer Scrap review meeting together with operations and the customer
- Participate in the Aero Norway’s Lean program.
- Carry out tasks given by the Engineering manager
- University Degree in Mechanical or manufacturing engineering. Candidates with extensive shop floor experience will also be considered for this position
- Preferable a minimum 3-5 years of experience in repair and overhaul of aircraft engines
- Good business acumen
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining shot peening, plasma spray etc.
- Good understanding of NDT processes
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Proactive working methods
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Ability to interact with people from different level of the organization
We can offer:
- The opportunity to learn and develop your career in an exciting industry.
- You will feel fully involved in the day to day operations of the business and will be able to influence the continued success and growth of a rapidly growing organization.
- Whilst we all work very hard, we have a culture that’s relaxed and down-to-earth, positive and professional.
- A proactive approach to constantly improving processes to ensure a rewarding working day and a good work life balance.
Vennligst henvis til Jobbdirekte i søknaden din.