Aero Norway is an independent engine MRO specialist located at Stavanger airport on the west coast of Norway. The modern and well-equipped 14,500 sq.m. facility has the capacity to deliver 120 engines a year with streamlined workflow processes to repair 16 engines consecutively at any one time. Production, test and storage areas cover a further 12.500 sq.m., with the headquarters and training centre adding another 2,700 sq.m. The Company employs over 95 highly trained mechanics, inspectors and engineers within the engine shop who work a continuous shift pattern to sustain optimum TATs. The Aero Norway apprentice scheme currently has eight trainee engineers, all of whom are undertaking a two year program. A further 50 personnel are responsible for the sales, customer support and administration. Around the world, Aero Norway has strategic partnerships with more than 20 key suppliers and OEMs. These relationships are rigorously reviewed to maintain quality and cost-savings which are passed on to customers.
Aero Norway is looking for Mechanic at Repair shop (Machineshop)
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Make tooling in accordance with OEM Tool Drawings or as requested by Engineering
- Perform maintenance and modification work according to current production plans, limited to the authorisation(s) stated in the qualification records of the person concerned.
- Perform troubleshooting/repair/overhaul/testing according to approved data (manuals, procedures and customer requirements)
- Communicate any technical problems with their supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are calibrated and in working order and that only calibrated and equipment is used for performance of the work
- Evaluate procedures to analyze and improve the overhaul of aircraft engines and help reduce TAT.
- Ensure that components are registered and approved in the Aero Norway Capability list before the work is started
- Ensure that all work he/she has performed and signed for is performed correctly
- Be proactive to help improve all aspects
- Trade certificate as a machine operator (Certificate of apprenticeship)
- Experience in manufacturing machining operations
- Experience of aircraft engines or other relevant mechanical/technical experience
- Machine and CNC knowledge preferred
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Solution oriented, structured and ability to incorporate improvements
- Good communication skills in English
- Methodical work attitude
We can offer:
- The opportunity to learn and develop your career in an exciting industry.
- You will feel fully involved in the day to day operations of the business and will be able to influence the continued success and growth of a rapidly growing organization.
- Whilst we all work very hard, we have a culture that’s relaxed and down-to-earth, positive and professional.
- A proactive approach to constantly improving processes to ensure a rewarding working day and a good work life balance.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Working hours: At 07.00 to 15.00. Monday to Friday.
Vennligst henvis til Jobbdirekte i søknaden din.