Corporate Office - PRG14
Amazon Corporate Office is in the Rustonka Office building (R1) in Karlin, Prague 8. It is a home to different departments, such as Employee Services, Centralized IT Remote Support Service, Registration & Compliance Ops, Amazon Transportation Services, EU Talent Acquisition teams, and other. The Prague office accommodates employees in regional operations roles, too. They support Amazon’s fulfillment center operations. In this corporate office, Amazon has created different management and support positions for highly qualified professionals, mainly from the fields of IT, Logistics and HR.
Payroll Tax Manager - Nordics
Our multicultural Payroll team is seeking a Payroll Tax Manager to join our Nordics Payroll Operations Team. We are looking for a strong leader that will take the ownership and drive the change in our growing payroll hubs in Prague or Bratislava.
This individual must an experienced Payroll Tax and/or Social Insurance professional , who leads and structures the internal tax control system for Payroll related business transactions across Nordics. This new role is an exciting opportunity on managerial level to manage external Payroll Tax and Social Insurance Audits covering the Nordics region.
There is a great opportunity to develop, shape and install a systematic benefit tracking & control processes to ensure complete compliance.
If you would like to join us to make a difference by driving and participating in challenging projects and to make sure our employees are paid accurately and on time we definitely want to hear from you!
As our Nordics Payroll Tax Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Manage, initiate and liaise with tax providers
- Assist mobile employees in resolving tax matters related to their cross border or in-country assignment
- Manage post transfer tax activities in alignment with mobility workflow
- Provide a central point of coordination for all tax phases of assignment activities and deliver impeccable customer service
- Demonstrate knowledge/expertise in ongoing administration of expatriate and commuters tax services and ensures data integrity
- Work with tax provider to facilitate various tax services
- Shadow payrolls and year end payroll adjustments/reconciliation
- Annual tax returns for all eligible population
- Tax equalization calculation and tax reconciliations for eligible employees
- Monitor and facilitate collection or payment of all tax receivables and payables
- Support stakeholders for assignment tax and social security structuring
- Reviews payroll computations to ensure accuracy and compliance with tax regulations.
- Perform audits of payroll tax computation and compliance
- Cooperate and/or drive continuous improvement projects related to payroll tax processing
- Coordinate year end activities in cooperation with payroll provider
- Expecting several years practical Payroll experience with demonstrated professional competence to manage Payroll Taxes and Social Insurance Audits, whilst acting as internal Payroll Tax consultant to business and HR.
- Degree in business, economics or similar disciplines or education as Assistant Tax or Social Insurance Consultant.
- Fluent in English and any Nordics languadge is mandatory and the ability to cooperate with external authorities and auditors accordingly.
- Proofed competency in verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to travel attending local tax audits, self-organized, cope with tight time schedules and complex organizational international environment.
- Good analytical skills and intermediate level Excel skills
- Positive attitude as well as the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Team player - excellent interpersonal skills but takes initiative and can also work independently
- Absolutely customer focused and focusing on employee support
- Passion to guide and execute tax compliant processes involving business stakeholders as needed.
- Nordics Payroll systems and Accounting knowledge would be helpful, but not necessarily required.