products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and
experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a
smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the
company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying
breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse
over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
The Sourcing Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business and broad Company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, being involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy. Part of local Management Team.
- Develop and implement Sourcing strategy in-line with overall business objectives
- Lead the sourcing strategy for direct materials spend, to achieve business objectives, including; lead time reduction, capacity allocation, consignment inventory, direct material deflation, cash-flow and controllership goals
- Act as the single interface to the OFE Dusavik Leadership Team, representing Sourcing
- Manage assigned team to ensure operational issues are detected and handled
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory HSE requirements & expectations at all time
- Work closely with the regional business and functional Leaders, including conducting Sourcing review meetings to ensure that the overall strategy ties to the business and functional objectives, drive and be accountable for operational excellence in these assigned programs
- Manage OTR Sourcing activities across region, supporting full repair/service product portfolio
- Develop Sourcing strategy targets on quality, price, delivery and service necessary to meet requirements
- Develop profile for supplier capability/capacity, by commodity, to establish sourcing strategies for maximum leverage.
- Implement and maintain quality improvement process, targeting reduction in product variations and product losses, using key management tools
- Participate in global commodity team activities.
- Manage buyer/contract administrators in fulfilling purchasing commitments and organize the appropriate program plans
- Maintain current market knowledge and changing material conditions and advise management of current trends in prices and purchasing availability.
- Drive sourcing initiatives on savings, supplier performance and supplier base rationalization.
- Manage own team of buyers where coordination and reporting are key to ensure projects and other internal stakeholders are provided with accurate information.
- Provide for the evaluation of the vendor quotations, utilizing appropriate negotiation and purchasing analysis techniques and implementation of proper contracts with emphasis on quality, price, delivery and service necessary to meet requirements
- Ensure supplier compliance with regulatory and reputation requirements
- Responsible for people management activities, including recruiting, performance management, compensation and organizational structure
- Bachelor's Degree (in Business or Technical discipline preferred) or wide and relevant industry experience
- Experience from a similar role
- Knowledge in MS Office, Word, Excel, SAP/MRP related software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented.
- Analytical metrics-oriented, high motivation. Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions and be a results-oriented self-starter.
- Leadership traits or skills to manage own team
- Strong English language skills
- Driver of Continuous Improvement implementation
- Experience with leading a team and/or project
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal leader skills
- Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
- Negotiation expertise is preferred
- Experience from an Oil&Gas environment
Locations: Norway; Stavanger
Vennligst henvis til Jobbdirekte i søknaden din.