Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety
and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing
smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Engineering Manager - Materials science and engineering
The Engineering Manager is overall in charge of all the activities within the Materials Science & Engineering Department.
- Line management and resource management for the direct reporting positions
- Align and contribute in defining the global SPSS MPE strategies, while operationally supporting the Nordic region and Services business.
- Individually and through team, Provide and drive Technical solutions in the aspects of materials selection, welding & fabrication, corrosion control, failure investigation.
- Participate proactively in bids and tender opportunities
- Responsible for Technical support towards on-time delivery, on budget with excellent quality
- Responsible for Planning activities, project progress and status reporting
- Project Interface
- Close Interaction with operation part of the business
- Review all plans and commitments for assigned engineering resources within the department
- Close interaction with other engineering disciplines
- Support the Engineering Global Organization when needed
- Positively contribute directly and through direct reports to the development of the Global Subsea Productions Systems & Services Materials Science & Engineering Organisation
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- • University degree in Materials Engineering or related discipline (Chemistry, Welding, Metallurgy). Strong Materials Background with other qualification. will be considered.
- • Experience in an Engineering Management role within Oil & Gas
- • Extensive Engineering/Materials experience within the subsea industry
- • Ability to motivate others in the team and organization
- • Ability to control and manage projects
- • Proven results
- • Proven leadership skills
- • Cooperation and interface management skills.
- • Knowledge and experience within business models, EHS and QA, Staff assessment
- • Familiar with relevant industry standards (NORSOK, ISO, ASME, API, etc.) and design requirements for subsea products
- • English fluent verbal and written
- • Highly proactive and results oriented
- • Self-motivated and ability to work independently and to tight timescales
- • Attention to detail and ability to make risk-based decisions.
Locations: Norway; Stavanger
Vennligst henvis til Jobbdirekte i søknaden din.