At BENTELER, we make it possible. From promoting individual talents to international career prospects, or from generous opportunities for designing your career to personal development opportunities—at BENTELER, we always have answers to your questions about the future, based entirely on your personal needs. Diverse options that makes sure you can be anything and everything. Or, as we like to put it: BENTELER makes it happen!
Benteler is a leading supplier of aluminium parts for the Automotive Industry. The CoC is Benteler Automotive’s global competence centre for aluminium alloys, extrusion and processing of profiles. Our team of experts perform process development and process design, working closely with both product development and production plants. We optimize our current production and develop new and inventive solutions for the future. We are situated in our production plant in Raufoss, Norway.
Technical Expert – Metallurgist
Centre of Competence (CoC) Aluminium Extrusion and Profile Forming (AEPF) at Benteler Automotive Raufoss has an open position as technical Expert
- Maintain and develop our portfolio of aluminium alloys for extruded products
- Participate in feasibility evaluation and process planning of extrusion based products
- Participate in benchmark and improvement programs
- Participate in R&D programs
- Develop and implement best in class production technologies
- Responsible for definition and implementation of standards
- Support purchasing department in selection, qualification and development of suppliers
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc/PhD Engineering – Metallurgy, Materials, Mechanical or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge about of aluminium alloys and process routes
- Knowledge about extrusion and forming of aluminium profiles
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Software knowledge (for example CAD, CAE, SAP, Excel, and MS-Project)
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship globally
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), German is an advantage
Apply before: Oct. 23rd 2022
For questions about the position, contact
Team Leader Global CoC Aluminium Extrusion & Profile Forming Karl Kristian Berger,
Phone: +47 97 95 74 49
Henrik Wille Mathiassen
BENTELER Human Resources
Phone: +47 61 15-6454
Your new employer
The BENTELER Group always has the answer. That’s because in each of our divisions and at every one of our sites, you can benefit from the size and diversity of an international corporation with around 30,000 colleagues in nearly 30 countries.
The same is true in our BENTELER Automotive division. This is where intelligent solutions for the automotive world are born—and where we, as a partner, provide answers on central topics like safety, the environment, and efficiency to nearly every major automotive manufacturer. Whether it's the body, the chassis, or the engine, we’re constantly setting new standards with the products, materials, and technologies we develop and produce. Inventiveness that makes sure you can be and become anything. Or, as we like to put it: BENTELER makes it happen!