Caritas Norway was founded in 1952 and is the humanitarian arm of the Catholic Church in Norway. Caritas Norway is a member of Caritas Internationalis, one of the world’s largest humanitarian networks, with 166 member organisations, and activities in around 200 countries and territories. From our headquarters in Oslo, we coordinate projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America with a thematic focus on food security, education and humanitarian aid. In Norway Caritas is a major NGO working on immigration and integration of migrants.
Regional director Latin America - Expat position
Caritas Norway is looking for a regional director to lead our programme in Latin America, currently covering Colombia and Venezuela. Caritas has worked in Colombia since the 1990s, with a main focus on peace and reconciliation, food security and development of value chains in the aquaculture and coffee sectors. The regional director will be responsibility for developing and implementing Caritas Norway´s strategy in the region, with a main focus on Colombia. This includes implementation and monitoring in cooperation with partners, as well as development of new projects.
Areas of responsibility
- Overall responsibility and management of the Caritas Latin America programme
- Representation and co-ordination towards donors, the UN and other organisations
- Provide advice and support to the programmes implemented by partners.
- Monitoring, evaluation and following-up of ongoing projects
- Overall financial management, budget monitoring and reporting according to Caritas´ requirements
- University degree or higher education.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience from development and/or humanitarian assistance, both headquarters and field experience.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the context in the region, particularly Colombia
- Experience in working with local partner organisations
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Good team player and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural/multi-national setting
- Verifiable skills within program management, monitoring and evaluation and budgeting.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work independently.
A clean Criminal Record (a Criminal Record Certificate, no older than three months, will be required before employment).
- Good co-operative skills
- Independent, ability for strategic thinking
- Experience in handling complex security situations
- Adaptive and capable of getting into and working with other cultures with understanding and respect.
- Contract period of 12 months with possibility of renewal.
- Salary and pension scheme according to Caritas´ guidelines
- Service location: Bogota, Colombia, with frequent travels to other parts of Colombia and to Venezuela.
Only applications submitted through our portal will be considered!
Please refer to Jobbdirekte AS in your job application!