At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Head of Global projects and Industry Solutions - GPIS
The Global Projects & Industry Solutions (GPIS) Product is a specialized team, within DB Schenker, that provides logistics solutions for Projects as well as dedicated forwarding solutions for defined industry segments, using all possible combinations of ocean, air, road, rail, and inland waterways. Solutions cover a full range of project freight management, complete supply chain services, specialized or complex cargo movements, cargo consolidations and warehousing, chartering and engineering, HSEQ management, urgent deliveries and general transportation of materials. GPIS engagement covers a client’s life cycle from technology development, to capital expenditure (Capex) through to operational expenditure (Opex).
Do you have the will to work hard, the courage and the ability to think creatively and are solution oriented? Do you have good communications skills? Look no further!
As the current head of the unit moves to lead GPIS for Schenker Region Europe, we are looking for his successor. GPIS is a flexible and very dynamic unit with competent employees who must be able to act promptly to meet customer requirements and expectations and create good customer solutions.
We are looking for someone that thrives in a changeable and less predictable environment, and that are capable to handle the unexpected. You must be a network builder, both externally and internally, in the recognition that the assignments are best solved through teamwork.
Your personal qualities are of great importance and are emphasized on an equal footing with your professional background.
- Main responsibility for operation and development for GPIS Norway- to ensure stable growth
- Budget and profit responsibility – to ensure good profitability in the assignments and in total
- Development of own employees
- Extensive contact with customers and subcontractors
- Ensure good cooperation with the other products in Schenker both nationally and internationally
- The position is also responsible for the development of the GPIS product in Sweden and Denmark.
- Higher education and relevant work experience from a similar position
- Creative and solution oriented
- Network builder
- Good understanding of economics, and thrives for good results
- Good communications skills in Norwegian and English, both orally and in writing
- Manage to communicate in a clear, open, and trustworthy way
- A position in one of Norway's largest transport and logistics companies with good development opportunities in an international industry
- Varied and challenging work tasks in a strong professional environment
- Good working environment
- Competitive terms and conditions with good pension and insurance schemes
The position reports to the CEO.
If you have any questions, please contact
Head of GPIS Region Europe Jan Kristian Schønheyder tel: +47 480 81 689
or CHRO Geir Flatekvål tel: +47 480 28 050.
All applications must be submitted via our electronic recruitment tool to be processed.
Application deadline: 28th. September 2021