At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 68,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
IT&D Land Transport Nordics is the responsible IT department for the efficient and digitized development and operation of the DB Schenker Land Transport in the Nordic countries. Our IT solutions support business processes along the entire value chain from quotation to billing.
We are constantly working on finding optimal IT solutions and accompanying the productive implementation in the DB Schenker Nordic subsidiaries.
Senior IT Manager
Head of Tribe IT&D Land Transport Nordics
- Lead several IT squads (teams), which are responsible for software maintenance and development for our Land Transport business in the Nordic countries, and be overall responsible for demands raised to the squads.
- Disciplinary responsibility for IT&D employees in Norway, excluding infrastructure services.
- Location: Head Office of Schenker AS Norway in Oslo.
In the functional role of a tribe head and as a geographical disciplinary manager, you will be responsible for the necessary administrative and supporting activities for the agile squads in the close collaboration with the Nordic and global IT colleagues.
- Serve as IT partner of our Land Transport business unit to ensure that business requirements are fulfilled with the appropriate IT solution.
- Track product demands to analyze trends and impact on resourcing.
- Support the development and implementation of new IT products or the enhancement of existing IT products.
- Close coordination with all squad product-owners and agile masters and other relevant internal/external parties.
- Support the product owners in prioritization of demands and resources.
- Obtain feedback, identify and implement continuous improvements to the demand management standards, framework, guidelines, and tools.
- Degree in Logistics or IT
- Managerial experience
- 10+ years in IT-related role, preferably in IT business development
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to relate to customer issues and create value-driven IT solutions to meet the needs of customer requirements
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand
- Ability to lead and motivate employees
- Comprehension of IT budgeting & costs control
- Fluent Business English (written and spoken); Norwegian or Swedish is an advantage
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in logistics industry especially in transporting (TMS)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in an agile organizational structure
- An interesting and engaging job in a leading international logistics and transport company
- An engaging, creative, and stimulating environment with high professional competence with a pulse on the market
- Good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive pension and compensation incl. annual target bonus
- Modern office facilities incl. employee restaurant
- Several holiday cabins
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
HR Business Partner, Bjørn Svendsen
Phone: +47 905 48404 or e-mail: email@example.com
Head of IT&D LT Nordics, Maarit Pitkänen