DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
Manager, Air Freight Import
Do you want to be part of something 55,000 times bigger than you? That’s how many colleagues you’ll have on a journey towards connecting the world and making your mark. At DSV, we believe the people are the core of who we are - the drive, talent and devotion they bring to the table every day are what makes DSV the exciting place it is.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Airfreight department, with an energetic and experienced Manager to our import team, that will contribute to further success. The department has a solid and experienced team, handling thousands of shipments a year. We have a solid market presence, and through strong customer service and big desire, we aim to grow our business in the coming years.
Can you relate to the following statements?
- I thrive in a high pace working environment and I’m a good multi-tasker
- I’m efficient, solution- and detail oriented. I work independent, proactively and complete tasks at agreed time.
- I have a burning desire for creating results and you acknowledge that success is a result of team efforts.
- I always make the customer my priority, even when the workload is heavy and important decisions must be made.
- I show drive, dedication, commitment and focus in my work.
- I have solid knowledge of international transport and logistics. I also have experience in coordinating airfreight shipments.
- My communication skills are excellent, and I speak and write English fluently. I also master one of the Scandinavian languages.
If this is YOU, then please send us your application now!
In the role as Manager, Airfreight import, you are expected to:
- Have the overall responsibility for all air import activities in the Oslo branch
- Contribute to growth on turnover and gross profit, in cooperation with relevant stakeholders
- Be responsible for forecasting, monthly reporting and follow up on financial and operational KPI’s and participate in budgeting
- Lead and motivate the team, ensuring a strong team spirit through people management and result-oriented perspectives
- Ensure professional handling throughout the customers supply chain, maintain a proactive dialogue and follow up, offer excellent customer service and contribute to customer loyalty.
- Take ownership of the customers and participate in daily operation; Planning, coordinating and executing international shipments for our air import customers.
- Have extensive contact with agents, subcontractors and DSV overseas offices to ensure competitive conditions.
- Continuously focus on cost efficiency and high level of quality in your daily work
- Be comfortable with using the phone as a working tool, keep calm under pressure and be able to make important decisions quickly.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have experience with coordinating airfreight shipments and knowledge about international transport and logistics. It is also preferred that you have experience in people management.
You will continuously be coordinating and communicating with all involved parties in the customers transport. We are looking for someone who is able to see opportunities for improvement and development, to make sure that we always offer our customers the best possible service.
DSV in Norway
DSV Air & Sea AS is part of the Danish DSV Panalpina A/S. In Norway, DSV is represented with all three divisions; Air & Sea, Road and Solutions. We are currently approximately 400 employees, where approx. 65 in the Air & Sea division.
The position is affiliated with the Air & Sea headquarter in Lillestrøm. The working environment is characterized by high level of expertise and is international, informal and team oriented.
What does a career in DSV mean?
As an employee in DSV Air & Sea you are part of a dynamic and fast-moving environment with rapid decisions at every level. This is where ambition meets teamwork in an effort to face challenges, succeed, move forward and make a difference. We care about your opportunity to influence the path of your career, whether you want to advance locally or look for adventures abroad. With a massive global reach and offices in more than 80 countries, the opportunities are plenty.
If you have the right drive, the right talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore the reach of your potential.
We are freight forwarders, salespeople, accountants, forklift drivers, IT engineers, specialists and countless others – and we all made the choice to forward our careers.
Join us and forward your career at DSV.
Send an email to Karin Bakkeland-Hansen (email@example.com), and we will assist at the best of our ability.
All applications must include both CV and cover letter. To be evaluated, your application must be submitted through the application portal.