Elopak is one of the world’s leading suppliers of packaging systems for liquid food. Our focus, to continuously reduce the impact we have on the environment, through our innovative approach to paper-based packaging, is reflected in the way we work globally with our market units and associates in over 40 countries. Elopak is a Norwegian owned company - owned by the Ferd Group, but working globally with customers in over 80 countries. We are currently going through an exciting transformation with ambitious plans for the future and we are looking for people to join us who share our values, ambition and excitement, and are ready to contribute towards our goals of continuous expansion and growth.
The Food and Material Science department is part of the Innovation & Engineering organization and consists of a group of people with academic and technical background within material science, food microbiology, processing and chemistry. The main responsibility of the department is to ensure hygienic performance of our filling and packaging equipment, test and verify barrier requirements for packaging material for various food products, and training and support to our subsidiaries and customers in food-related questions. The food technologists in the department are also involved in development projects related to both packaging and filling machines.
We are looking for a professional and dedicated employee.
The position will be based at Elopak Corporate Offices, Spikkestad Norway , and will require international travels.
- Verification and test of hygiene systems in Elopak filling machines in the field
- Microbiological challenge tests of filling equipment in-house, in our machine factory in Germany as well as in the field
- Trouble shooting and advice customers in hygiene, food safety and quality
- Develop and improve procedures and methods within the field of hygiene and food safety
- Master/Bachelor level education in food science, microbiology or related subjects
- Knowledge of HACCP and QA/QC systems
- Knowledge/interest in food processing, microbiology and packaging
- Excellent English knowledge, oral and written
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally
We encourage newly educated candidates to apply for this position.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to get experience to work in an international environment with sustainable food packaging systems.
For further information please contact Manager Food Science Support, Audun Gunnæs +47 916 12 253 or Director System Validation, Dr. Gunnar Rysstad +47 971 58 221
Start date: by agreement