Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Senior Proposal Engineer
- Guide and support the proposal team in the preparation and delivery of documentation (estimations, proposals, clarifications and other information) in response to customer requests and in coordination with the sales and operations teams.
- Analyze customer requests and work with sales, operations and other internal support teams to propose solutions which best fit the technical and commercial requirements.
- Leverage internal estimating toolset to accurately develop cost estimates, proposals, requests, responses and supporting documentation.
- Guide and expedite all involved parties to ensure that responses and proposals are delivered on time and with the highest regard for quality
- Monitor performance metrics, continually seek out ways to improve overall productivity, effectiveness and the way we serve our customers, and to secure a high rate of success on bids/orders.
- Proposal strategy defined and executed in coordination with sales, operations and other internal support teams.
- Proposal kick-off meetings, proposal reviews and proposal approvals, as a member of the proposal development team.
- Complete and accurate automation solutions, proposals, requests, responses and supporting documentation that ensure the optimal balance between the technical and commercial requirements.
- Final proposal and costing to be delivered to customer, clarifications and other information requested by customer
- Analyze request for quotation and other documents / technical drawings provided by the customer
- Work with sales, operations and other internal support teams to define solutions which best fit the customer technical and commercial requirements.
- Identify external content (3rd party) and interact with Procurement to obtain technical and commercial offers from external suppliers
- Identify content from other lines of business / functions and interact with other support teams to obtain technical and commercial offers
- Estimate internal content – hardware, software and services – using internal estimating toolset. For complex proposals, can manage and lead a team of estimators
- Coordinate internal processes such as Kick-off Meeting, Proposal Review Meeting, Risk review, Approval Process, etc.
- Answer post-offer technical questions / clarifications and update the offer if necessary
- Prepare the handover package to operations team when the project is won
- Ensure full adherence to Honeywell standards and processes
- Understand and follow company policies to minimize Honeywell’s exposure to risk and ethics violations
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the marketplace, technology and application trends
- Be a change agent, influence, consult and lead efforts for sharing and standardizing of best practices and processes
- Customer oriented
- Technically minded and an Integrative thinker – can think out of the box to create alternative solutions - inside and outside Honeywell scope of supply.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and drive the process
- Planning, organizing, delegating, decision making
- Quality oriented, accuracy, ability to follow procedures, support change
- Leadership, role model, mentoring, training
- 3-5 years experience in process automation
- Experience with products and solutions within the industrial automation market
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Microsoft office tools and other business level applications
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Norwegian
Nice to have
- Site field experience
- Hands-on products and solution in the Industrial Automation Market
- Knowledge on Honeywell portfolio
- Knowledge of competitor solutions and their offers