iSURVEY offers specialist services internationally for offshore positioning and seabed mapping. The clients are the oil companies or the offshore installation contractors. iSURVEY has ca. 110 employees with main office at Billingstad in Asker near Oslo. In addition, the company has offices in Aberdeen and Singapore. The services are provided by an offshore surveyor and project manager staff which combine good understanding of marine operations with strong competence within seabed mapping and solutions for positioning and communication. Since May 2013, iSURVEY has been owned 70% by the private equity company Norvestor. For further information, please also refer to www.isurvey-group.com.
The iSURVEY Group wishes to strengthen the Seabed Survey department and is searching for an experienced and proactive geologist or geophysicist to join the department’s core team. The senior role will be central to defining and contribute to the strategic and operational development of Seabed Survey activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Further develop our route survey capabilities
- Processing and interpretation of shallow geophysical data, such as SBP, SSS, magnetometer etc.
- QC of geophysical data
- Preparation of data deliverables and reports
- Contribute to improvements in procedures and techniques on site and in the office
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience with acquisition, processing and interpretation of geophysical data
- Good general computer skills
It would be advantageous, though not essential, for candidates to have:
- Experience with combining seabed sampling and geotechnical investigation results with shallow geophysical data in the interpretation of sub seabed soil conditions
- Experience with UXO survey
- Knowledge of the EIVA processing suite
- ESRI GIS competence
Please refer to Jobbdirekte AS in your job application!