Lunar is a fintech company developing a new bank for a new generation of banking users.
We are created for the modern user and modern life, and we centre our services around the ones who don't fit into the sharp definitions set out by the traditional banks.
A lot of our users are called Millennials and Generation Z, but their birthday is not what defines them; For us, it's the life they lead. We live the same way, and that's why our vision is to make a banking experience that suits both them and ourselves.
We are a company motivated by rethinking the experience of banking, and the way people perceive money and spending in general. That's why we're using the most innovative and smart technology to create the banking solution for tomorrow - and we are creating it today.
The Lunar app provides a 100 % digital banking experience designed to make managing your finances - both personal and business - easy. Over 200.000 people in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are already using the app, and we receive some of the best ratings in our category on Trustpilot, App Store, Google Store, and Facebook.
Lunar was founded in 2015, and our offices can be found in all the big cities of Scandinavia. We employ more than 200 people skilled in Tech, Design, Business Development, HR, Compliance, Banking, Marketing, Communication, Support, and much more.
Are you a superstar at creating messages that hit the reader right in the solar plexus? Do you know exactly how to make readers crave a product? Are your translating skills world-class and can you ensure cohesion throughout different types of communication?
Yes? Then you should apply for the role as our new copywriter in Norway.
You love writing and translating content and enjoy trying new things and ideas by testing them all out. Your mindset is marketing-driven and commercially focused and you know just how to make users click through content, open emails or sign up.
You are a rockstar when it comes to writing short and concise messages that hit the target audience just right. You are creative and curious by nature - so you love looking at things from different angles to make sure you hit your target audience perfectly, no matter the language.
You thrive in working in a fast paced environment that is performance driven. In other words, you love strapping on your running shoes and taking on challenges such as creating traffic to websites or generating revenue. You are intrigued by the thought of working at a small office, where everyone helps each other out and where no days are the same. When describing yourself, you use words such as positive, energetic and with a “can-do” attitude.
The role and tasks
As our new copywriter, you will become part of our marketing team. You will be spending your days in the heart of Oslo, where we work in an office space in the leading startup community, Mesh Youngstorget. You will work closely with our local community manager, as well as our marketing team in Copenhagen - especially the copy team.
Your primary task will be to communicate to potential and existing customers, where the focus is to drive signups and keep the users active. Your target group will be both youngsters (18-29 years) and those a little older than that (30+ years).
You will take full ownership of Norwegian copywriting. As a start, a lot of the copy will be defined at the Copenhagen office. You will translate it and put your Norwegian touch to it according to our tone of voice and the Norwegian market. Therefore, it is also important that you like translating.
Some of your other tasks will include:
- Marketing copy such as emails and landing pages.
- Copy for digital ads for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Translations of copy. The translations will usually be from Danish/English/Swedish to Norwegian.
- Ensuring that our Norwegian copy drives signups, activates and retains our users and creates additional sales.
- Translating copy for the Lunar app when we launch new products.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in marketing copy. It is a plus if your experience comes from a company with a rapid pace.
- You might have an educational background within communication or marketing, but it is not a must.
- You are totally familiar with words such as conversions, call to actions, social proof and open rates, and it motivates you.
- You like testing different things to see what works on the target group.
- You are fluent in Norweigan, and you understand Danish easily.
- You have experience in translation and have excellent written skills in English.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll make your mark on the new digital bank of the Nordics, and your daily work-life will be in our Norweigan Lunar Office, which is located in the startup community, Mesh Youngstorget.
- We grow fast, so there are plenty of career possibilities.
- You’ll try a bunch of different things, with more new stuff to come.
- Get great sparring with talented, ambitious and kind colleagues.
- Casual tone, lots of laughs, and room for diversity.
- You’ll be a part of an entrepreneurial company full of drive and lots of team spirit. Together we’ve already accomplished great results, and we’re nowhere near done.
- At Lunar, we emphasize follow-up on the things we do, so we’re always learning - both as individuals and as a team.
We love diversity and all that sets us apart - that's what makes us awesome. Some are extroverted - some introverted. We don't all speak Danish, Norwegian or Swedish, but we all speak English. The most important thing is respect and understanding between one and another.
Want to join the journey?
Are you ready to become part of an organization where no two days are alike - and where we love speed?
Send us an application and attach a few examples of the awesome Norwegian copy you have done previously. We would love to see it.
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to reach out to our Community Manager in Norway, Natalia Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to read your application!