We are a small close-knit team who are extremely passionate about delivering unforgettable experiences in the outdoors for our clients as well as being extremely committed in continuing to develop our own personal skills in the process.
We strive to employ individuals with a personal commitment to professionalism, safety and delivering exceptional levels of customer service. Outdoor Norway guides enjoy working in a team environment, leading and coaching a variety of outdoor activities and creating memorable experiences for our guests.
We have access to some of the best fjord kayaking, whitewater rivers, bike trails, lakes and so much more here in Voss. It's an outdoor adventurers dream and we are sure you will love it as much as we do.
Below is the position that we're looking to fill in and what kind of experience we are looking for. If you like what you see and think you would be an asset to Outdoor Norway then we'd love to hear from you.
Whitewater Rafting River Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Pre-season preparation of the business' operational department
• Pre-season preparation of contingency and emergency plans
• Identify and delegate the needs of each rafting trip to river guides and trip leaders
• Staffing of river trips for both river guides and river drivers
• Provide risk assessment of technical procedures
• Organize and assemble equipment required for each trip
• Provide Trip Leader supervision and management
• Ensure a high level of service standard is met by all staff both on and off the water
• Client liaison -- to liaise with clients and provide feedback to help marketing efforts
• Act as a Outdoor Norway representative by fostering a high standard of professionalism in every functions and tasks
• Understand and role model company policy and standards in every aspect of functions and tasks
• Assist the management team in the development of new products and methods
• Identify inefficiencies and help develop sound alternatives
• Human resource management on an ongoing
• Must hold a Trip Leaders rafting license (or equivalent) for a minimum of two active season
• Must hold current Swift-water Rescue Training level 3 or equivalent
• Must hold current 40-hour or higher, Wilderness First Aid or Occupational First Aid certification or equivalent
• Must be able to conceptualize planning objectives and communicate needs
• Strong communication skills are a must
• Thorough, on the spot decision making in a fast-paced environment is a necessary skill.
• Thorough understanding of commercial river rafting standards
• Computer literate
The Right Fit:
We are a small, fast growing company looking for someone who shares our core values and displays passion to accomplish our vision. Our success is derived from a commitment to always be improving both in our professional careers and our personal development. The river manager will report directly to the Business Manager and work with the Operations and Reservations Managers to ensure the best possible client experience.
This is a full-time seasonal (May -- September) position with compensation based on experience.
- Evangervegen 14, 5704 VOSS
- Antall stillinger
- Etter avtale