Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
Advisor, People and Culture - Warner Bros. Discovery
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Advisor, People & Culture, is responsible for the day-to-day People & Culture operations activities for the employees based in Norway. Providing a blend of operational and strategic People & Culture partnerships to attract, develop, engage and retain top talent within Norway and the Nordic region.
The Advisor, People & Culture, lead key People & Culture initiatives, advising on Norwegian employment law and partner with managers. Working with a diverse range of stakeholders and levels within the division, the role will be active in the delivery of the People & Culture strategy. In close collaboration with the International and wider Nordic, People and Culture teams.
The Norwegian team consists of the Advisor, People & Culture, who reports to the Business Partner, People & Culture and a Specialist, People and Culture responsible for payroll, HR system support, and more.
Selected WBD brands in Norway: TVN, HBOMAX, Discovery+
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Work closely with the Business Partner, People & Culture Norway, within their designated business area(s) and provide proactive operational day-to-day support.
- Work closely with all areas of People and Culture to provide seamless HR support and advice to the business as necessary, including Employment Legal, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Compensation & Benefits.
- Act as an advisor and coach to managers; provide them with HR support, advice, guidance, skills and tools to proactively manage their teams effectively, through all elements of the HR lifecycle using pragmatic HR solutions, which are up to date, fit for purpose, commercial and legally compliant.
- Build strong relationships with Employees, Employee representatives, and Union representatives to enhance employee relations and drive change activities in a pragmatic way, balancing the needs of employees and delivering business objectives.
- Work with the broader team to deliver key corporate initiatives and annual processes, e.g., Global Performance Management Process, Organizational Talent Review, Employee Survey, etc.
- Actively participate in HR projects and Corporate P&C initiatives as necessary.
- Take ownership of P&C projects and implement them on a Nordic level as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Proven prior experience working in a fast-paced matrix environment.
- Well-versed in current Norwegian labor law, with the ability to apply this to varying situations and scenarios.
- Proven ability to communicate concisely and deliver results
- Norwegian and English language skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and have a genuine interest and curiosity about the business
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- Ability to work data-driven
- Able to work autonomously with a drive to achieve results
- Good understanding of HR processes and life cycle
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good administrative and data consolidation skills
- Operational HR experience
- Degree, with specialization in Human Resources or similar would be beneficial
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.