Zenitel is a global leader in providing critical communications with Norwegian roots and 100 years of history. We are small and local, with around 400 dedicated employees – but still global, with 16 offices worldwide and our head offices placed in Horten, Oslo and Lewes (UK), as well as partners in more than 100 countries. We call it glocal working environment!
Our expertise is focused on providing intelligent communication solutions that allow you to hear, be heard and be understood, every time. Zenitel systems interface with other security systems including CCTV, access control and alarm for a comprehensive security solution. Our primary system offering is within Public Address, Intercom and Radio.
Global procurement manager
We are looking for an innovative Global Procurement Manager to develop and lead our procurement team. You will spearhead the purchasing process from sourcing and selecting suppliers, leading negotiations, to build cost-effective inventory strategies, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes globally.
The Global Procurement Manager must have a commercial mindset, be experienced in driving fact based, analytical and strategic improvement processes. You must know what the business needs now, and what it will need in the future. You must be an effective communicator and have a forward-thinking attitude.
Key responsibilities are:
- Sourcing strategy as well as to source and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors
- Review and perform risk assessment on potential and existing contracts and agreements with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility, quality and service and maintaining long-term relationships.
- Procurement cost savings strategy for Zenitel
- Promote effectiveness, efficiency and cost savings on short and long-term
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure competitive and advantageous terms for Zenitel globally
- Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of saving on procurement costs
- Develop inventory strategies that are inventive and cost-effective
- Manage the demand and supply planning process in the planning of goods and services for supply chain activities ensuring high level of efficiency, including the approval of purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Continuously identify critical performance issues that require intervention and carry out this intervention together with the team
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or related field
- Result oriented, metrics driven leader with solid experience in procurement, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Strong teambuilding and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communicator and relation builder
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong skills in Excel, ERP and procurement tools with ability and willingness to do tasks at all levels
We offer a challenging and diverse position, with competitive market conditions. Our values are Professional, Open, Passionate.
This position reports to EVP Operations.
For more information about the position please contact:
CHRO, Zenitel, Ingrid Glad Bratvold, tel. 40002707.
Please send your application as soon as possible.